10.10.2013

Bathroom Challenge: Painting!

I am back and apologize for the delay in my bathroom series! I am feeling the time crunch as we have our first round of visitors coming in just three days.

So, paint... I hate picking out paint colors. I think I have paint-paralysis. I would like to think that I am capable of picking out colors confidently but I am not and I second guess myself all the time.

This time it was different- the lighting is off in that tiny bathroom and there is hardly any natural light. I might have made a few separate trips to several different stores in the span of the past week trying to pinpoint the color I was going for.

In my last post, I mentioned that I would be using Valspar's Shallow Tide. Alas- they have stopped making it. Long story short... I settled on two different colors and took them home and did not like them once I saw them in their natural environs. Case in point here...


It is hard to tell from this picture, but they turned out to be mint green and the other was blue- like baby blue. Needless to say, I was going to try and be creative with the mint green but I just couldn't hack it. It got axed.

I settled on Driftwood Gray by Glidden.



Here it is on the walls. Ignore my ceiling. I plan to paint it. I couldn't get a good angle looking in on the bathroom because of the glare of the lights. It just didn't look right but these pictures are pretty accurate on the color. I am pleased and more importantly, I am glad it is done.



By the way, I didn't even use one full quart of paint! Now I am off to finish baseboards, paint the ceiling, and maybe get some painting going for the door trim.





No comments:

Post a Comment