Anyways, one of my challenges was to get rid of this ceiling florescent light strip. It had to go.
My husband tore it out and very quickly made some large holes in the walls next to the mirror for the new light fixtures. There are pipes behind that main wall so we had to be careful where we placed the new light fixtures.
I originally had gone to the store and picked out lights which were fine but a little pricier than I wanted- remember that my budget is $150! So, I made a quick trip into the Home Depot and laid my eyes on these, even before I looked at the price. I liked the quirkiness of them, the jelly jar glass and THE PRICE!
|via The Home Depot|
These were $3.97 each. And yes, I get it... they aren't glamorous or the most beautiful light fixtures but they are kind of different and I liked them enough to get them!
I found a similar type here in this picture:
|This was my first coat, so ignore the unevenness of it!|
We used a pre-mixed joint compound made for sheet-rock. It was a little creamier than anticipated and it takes a full day to dry between coats, so it has been slow going.
Stay tuned for painting the walls and installing the baseboards! Here is a sneak peak of the wall color: