2.13.2013

Herringbone Table

So, I have had this little IKEA side table for awhile now. I picked it up for free about a year ago. It was originally the brown finish but then I spray painted it yellow- it was okay but I didn't love it. But it was free and is an easy piece to change-up.


I came across this post on The Nester awhile ago who linked back to Centsational Girl's post here about her herringbone pillow. I love the herringbone pattern and wanted to try it on something, so I gave it a whirl yesterday.

I modified her instructions though, since I wasn't using fabric paint, or a pillow, or stencil tape.... I basically just used what I had on hand in the house= Chalk Paint & Masking tape (would recommend painter's tape instead but mine looked too thick).


Start out by taping it off. Eyeball it- I am not concerned with perfection.

Here is what it looked like before I painted it:


And here it is, in its old home, revitalized and ready for admirers.


What do you think? An improvement?

No comments:

Post a Comment